Monday, March 29, 2010

It's because the shoe will finally be on the other foot

OK, I think I know what's going on here:

The Marine Corps' top officer said he would not force straight Marines to share rooms with gay service members if Congress repeals the "don't ask, don't tell" law and allows gay men and lesbians to serve openly in the armed forces.

Gen. James T. Conway, the commandant of the Marine Corps, told the Web site military.com in an interview published Friday that an "overwhelming" number of Marines would be opposed to bunking with someone of a different sexual orientation. As a result, he said, the Corps might have to ditch its double-bed rooms and offer single rooms to everyone.
(bold mine)

Yeah, everyone's thinking that all the straight troops will be in mortal fear of being approached by a gay one and they will be unable, being the weak things straight members of the armed forces must somehow be (??), to simply say "no, I'm not interested" but instead be forced to have hot sweaty hot hot man sex hot muscle-bound hot sex man sex sex sex OH MY GOD I WANT HIS C**K!!!!!

But, really, that's not the problem.

I think I see what the problem will really be after the end of Don't Ask Don't Tell.

Currently, the straight guys and gay guys are are all sleeping in their shorts - or less!!! - together but no one knows who the gay men are.

But when DADT is gone, all those gay men can be open about being gay.

The majority of straight guys, especially those comfortable with their own sexuality, will be fine.

But then there's the ones who will be uncomfortable. Let's look at what's going on in their heads:
"Woah... now I know Stevens, Bennet, and Lawrence are gay. I always looked up to them. They're handsome, fit, and confident. And, no I'm not gay. But what's killing me is - they're not hitting on me! Oh no, they don't think I'm attractive! I wouldn't have known they were into men during DADT, so I wouln't realize I was being judged. But now.... MY GOD! I have now officially been rejected by humans of BOTH sexes!!!"
Count on it. Believe me, judgement of gay men by other gay men is harsh. You know how straight guys talk about women - how they focus on every imperfection in a woman, even if the men aren't much to look at?

Well, imagine how it is to be a guy judged by another guy - a hot, fit, impressive man - and to be found wanting.
Yeah, a guy like this.

Believe me, it sucks. If there were anything that would truly disrupt unit cohesion it would be a gay soldier telling a straight soldier, "I'm sorry, I'm just not that into you".

On the flip side, perhaps they gay ones can now feel free to give their straight soldiers tips on dress, skin care, and working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment